Paul has over 20 years of experience in leadership, management and training. He has a demonstrated history of working in the professional training and coaching industry. Paul is highly skilled in Training, Facilitation, Community Engagement, Leadership, Public Sector, and Staff Development. Paul is a strong business development professional who established Shine at Work Pty Ltd as its founding Director in October 2020. Shine at Work focuses on providing organisational training and well-being solutions to promote employee well-being.
Some highlights of Paul's career include:
- Successful career as a trainer and administrative, human resource, health and logistics manager, characterised by consistent high performance in leadership and management positions.
- Conducted and facilitated the training of Polling Officials on behalf of the Australian Electoral Commission for the 2019 Federal Election.
- Operationally managed and led a health and logistics organisation consisting of over 110 personnel for the Australian Regular Army. Implemented and fostered the development of a continuous quality improvement and capability enhancement culture into the organisation.
- Project managed the construction and operationally managed a temporary surgical hospital in support of the joint United States and Australian wargames consisting of 20,000 personnel in the vicinity of Shoalwater Bay, Queensland.
- Managed an organisational culture change towards self-reliance, accountability, initiative and anti-corruption whilst mentoring Afghanistan Army planners in Kandahar, Afghanistan.
- Active participant in the Five Power Defence Arrangements (FPDA) Exercise on managing natural disasters held in York, England.
- Strategically human resource managed the postings, promotions and professional development training of 900 health personnel during the strategic restructure of Army health services.
- Project management lead for Defence health support and contingency plans for the Papal visit and Catholic World Youth Day events held in Sydney.
- Implemented and contract managed the health and logistic support to Australian, New Zealand and United Nations personnel in Dili, Timor Leste.
- Co-ordinated the administrative and logistic requirements from Turkey for the evacuation of Australian citizens and approved foreign nationals from Lebanon to Australia during the Israel-Lebanon conflict.
- Led a training team that instructed and trained up to 50 military recruits per each 45-day initial training course at the Army Recruit Training Centre, Kapooka.
Paul's qualifications include:
- Accredited Instructor, Mental Health First Aid Australia
- Certified Professional Behavioural (DISC), Driving Forces and
Emotional Quotient Analyst
- Accredited Mental Health First Aider (Standard, Older Person & Youth)
- Advanced Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Mental Health First Aid for Non-Suicidal Self-Injury Course
- Accredited Major Incident Health Commander (MIMMS Advanced Course)
- International Humanitarian Law Instructor Course (Red Cross)
- Workplace Equity and Diversity Adviser Course
- Workplace Safety Co-ordinator and Risk Management Course
- Australian Army Instructor Course
- Graduate of the Royal Military College - Duntroon
- Valid Working with Vulnerable People/Children Card
Paul's tertiary qualifications include:
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology
- Bachelor of Organisational Leadership
- Advanced Diploma of Administration (Health Services)
- Diploma of Personnel Management
- Cert IV in Assessment and Workplace Training
Paul is currently studying:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology) (Honours)
- Diploma of Counselling
"Paul is a talented and highly capable executive. As his direct supervisor for several years I know first hand the quality of his work. I would have no hesitation in recommending Paul and the Services he offers."
Georgeina Whelan, AM, CSC and Bar
Commissioner of ACT Emergency Services
"I have known Paul for several years. He worked for me personally as my assistant for a couple of years. He is a hard working focused individual with a strong set of personal values related to hard work, loyalty and doing the right thing. He has extensive experience in management and leadership roles, where he can be relied upon to use the resources – material, financial and human - to the best outcomes. An assured individual, he’s a great team player and team leader, not afraid to give firm and clear direction where required. I would happily work with him again as I know the individual I would be getting is ‘output’ driven, has an eye for detail and gets results."
Andy Williams, AM
Chief Medical Support Section, Headquarters United Nations
"Paul is an experienced and accomplished leader at both the personnel and systems level, and excels at change management. He is known for putting people before processes thus encouraging both individuals and organisations to achieve their best."
Greg Brown, CSC, NSC
General Manager Education, ACT Ambulance Service
"Paul is a leader with experience in a range of challenging and unpredictable environments and brings to the table superior skills in staff development, coaching, training and facilitation."
Executive Director, North Link
"Paul is a focused, committed and consummately professional individual. I was fortunate to work with him and greatly appreciated his honest and transparent approach to all things."
Research and Policy Analyst, Australian Defence College
"I worked with Paul many years ago when he was still in the military. He was highly professional and had a passion for assisting people who did not complete training to positively transition back to their civilian lives. It is great to see him continuing to help others."
Psychologist and Senior Mental Health Policy Officer,
Joint Health Command, Australian Defence Force